Back in November 2013 Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton launched the LVMH Prize to reveal and support young fashion designers. For 2015, the French multinational luxury goods conglomerate has selected eight designers to go forward to the final jury. The Jury of the LVMH Prize is composed of nine creative directors of the LVMH fashion houses including J.W. Anderson, Nicolas Ghesquière, Marc Jacobs, Karl Lagerfeld, Humberto Leon and Carol Lim, Pheobe Philo, Raf Simons, Riccardo Tisci, Delphine Arnault, Jean-Paul Claverie and Pierre-Yves Roussel.
Delphine Arnault states “The designers who have entered the LVMH Prize 2015 have truly surprised and impressed us with their diversity, their ideas and enthusiasm. Although very young, they’re all extremely talented. I wish them luck. It will be a hard task for our Jury to choose one of them. The level of the competition is so high, I have no doubt we will see some of the semi-finalists again in the years to come.”
Check out the list of finalists after the jump…
The list of finalists hail from all over the globe including France, Great Britain, Portugal, Austria and the United States. Finalists include:
- Arthur Arbesser, by Arthur Arbesser (Austrian designer based in Milan) Womenswear presented in Milan.
- Coperni, by Sébastien Meyer and Arnaud Vaillant (French designers based in Paris). Womenswear presented in Paris.
- Craig Green, by Craig Green (British designer based in London). Menswear presented in London.
- Faustine Steinmetz, by Faustine Steinmetz (French designer based in London). Womenswear presented in London.
- Jacquemus, by Simon Porte Jacquemus (French designer based in Paris). Womenswear presented in Paris.
- Marques’ Almeida, by Marta Marques and Paulo Almeida (Portuguese designers based in London). Womenswear presented in London.
- Off-White c/o Virgil Abloh, by Virgil Abloh (American designer based in Milan). Menswear and Womenswear presented in Paris.
- Vetements, by Demna Gvasali (German designer based in Paris). Womenswear presented in Paris.
The winner of the LVMH Prize will be announced on May 22nd at the Louis Vuitton Foundation in France. Best of luck to all the finalists.
Photos courtesy of LVMH