Last month, Kayleen Schaefer from Elle.com hit me up on a story she’s doing about fashionable women collecting sneakers, finally the story is up! Check out the full story here, but this was pretty funny so I had to share…
Or, take what happened to fashion blogger Wendy Lam of Nitro:licious on a recent trip to Los Angeles. Lam, who owns over 400 pairs of sneakers, decided to take an impromptu hike…in a pair of dark Air Jordan 5 Bel Airs—kicks that can resell for up to $500. “I only had two pairs with me,” she says. “The other pair was white, so I wore the Bel Airs.”
During the trek, she Instagramed a shot of herself—and the dust-covered Jordans. Her male sneakerhead followers were appalled.
One wrote, “Hiking in the Js tho!”
Another said, “Crazy maybe she got two pair?”
Actually, I do have two pairs of the Bel Airs lol!
More after the jump…
- $76.49 BUY IT NOW 3hr 37mins
- $109.98 BUY IT NOW 11hr 42mins
- $79.99 0 bids 13hr 29mins
- $199.99 BUY IT NOW 13hr 34mins
- $46.56 BUY IT NOW 20hr 19mins
- $125.0 BUY IT NOW 2hr 9mins
- $199.99 BUY IT NOW 6hr 9mins
- $115.0 BUY IT NOW 6hr 42mins