Last month, I met with one of BuDhaGirl‘s founders Susie Hoimes at an intimate blogger lunch at Le Cirque. Susie comes from a world of vintage jewelry, she is the founder and buyer of MDVII, a premier source for haute couture costume jewelry from Chanel, Lanvin, Givenchy, etc. We were discussing our love for vintage Chanel jewelry and it was fascinating to hear her stories. I was also introduced to her new jewelry line, BuDhaGirl, which she co-founded with Jessica Jesse, is a spiritually-inspired collection of costume jewelry which retails from $35 to $395. “BuDhaGirl is deeply rooted in the present while being informed and inspired by the past.
The foundation of the line is the Core Pendant and Cuff which include interchangeable reminders like Serenity, Focus, Good Fortune, among others, which are small, precious objects that you put in your Core to focus your attention, wrist wraps with customizable end caps, all weather golden bangles (my fave) are just a few of the innovative accessories that make up this purposeful jewelry collection.
Besides my love for accessories, I’m also big on stories behind a brand or product. The stories behind each of BuDhaGirl’s pieces is inspiring and the packaging is pretty amazing. The line is currently sold on their website at BuDhaGirl.com. Check out some of the pieces after the jump…
Key pieces of the collection include:
- Core Cuff – The BuDhaGirl Core Cuff is a jewelry piece with pedigree. Based on an extraordinary 1930’s French creation, the modern version is the vehicle that will hold your Reminders. Opening coffer lid reveals compartment to add your BuDhaGirl Reminder daily. $395
- Wrist Wraps– These spectacular bracelets are covered with stingray shagreen, a material that’s been used for centuries to embellish everything from Japanese sword hilts to inlaid Parisian boxes. Each wrap features removable, interchangeable BuDhaGirl End Caps that serve as your daily Reminders. Decadently luxurious, our wrist wraps are sold in pairs. $395
- Temple Chain – Instantly iconic, BuDhaGirl’s Temple Chain is 34 inches, giving the option of doubling it into a choker. The links are round, square and rectangular….life is variable, why shouldn’t your jewelry be? The rectangular links feature a clear crystal bead and a miniature hand-finished Buddha. Made of brass, plated with 1-micron 18kt gold. An ideal accompaniment to the BudhaGirl Core Pendant and the BuDhaBoy Pendants $145
- All Weather Bangles – circles of gold dust filament suspended in flexible, polyvinyl carbonate rings, then sealed with exclusive BuDhaGirl prayer beads. The Bangles are waterproof (you can wear them in the shower), soundproof (none of that traditional clanging), and practically weightless. $125
- Core Pendant –transformed it into a pendant and used to hold Reminders, or consider combining it with our Temple Chain, Torque or Ottoman Silk Cords. Fashioned from 18kt gold micro-plated stainless steel, the coffer lid lifts to reveal a secret compartment to house your BuDhaGirl daily Reminder. Feel chic, modern….enigmatic. $175
- BuDhaBoy Pendants –inspired by a jade Buddha carved in the modernist style. Ours are fabricated in resin to minimize weight. The BuDhaBoys come in sets of three in a choice of color ranges: Neon, Moss and Chica $135