I’m sure by now you guys have heard about Fashion’s Night Out, if not now you have! Fashion’s Night Out, “is a global initiative to promote retail, restore consumer confidence, and celebrate fashion,” headed by VOGUE, NYC & Co., the City of New York and the Council of Fashion Designers of America. On September 10, over 700 stores across the five boroughs are participating by staying open until 11pm, it’s going to be huge! According to NY Post, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen will guest-bartend uptown at Barneys and Bergdorf Goodman (I’m going to try to make that!), Pharrell Williams will be ringing up sales at Billionaire Boys Club in Soho, you can design your own classic handbag at Chanel, Anna Wintour will make a personal appearance at Macy’s in the Queens Center Mall, etc.
Besides all the guest appearances and activities, there will be a limited-edition FNO T-shirt released with 40% of the sales’ proceeds donated to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum at the WTC. And also, FNO will run a citywide clothing drive benefiting the NYC AIDS Fund, with collection points in all five boroughs.
The list of personal appearances includes Manolo Blahnik, Thom Browne, Tory Burch, Roberto Cavalli, Francisco Costa, Frédéric Fekkai, Alberta Ferretti, Patricia Field, Carolina Herrera, Tommy Hilfiger, Derek Lam, Nanette Lepore, Trish McEvoy, Isaac Mizrahi, Kate Mulleavy, Josie Natori, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Oscar de la Renta, Narciso Rodriguez, Lela Rose, Rachel Roy, Maria Sharapova, Elie Tahari, Diane von Furstenberg, Alexander Wang, Yeohlee, David Yurman, Lauren Bush, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Cindy Crawford, Lynda Carter, Hugh Jackman, Karolina Kurkova, Liev Schreiber, Stephanie Seymour and Ivanka Trump. via WWD
Are you ready to shop till you drop? Planning to hit up some events that night? If yes, which ones?
More info after the jump…
1. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen will be guest bartenders at Bergdorf Goodman and Barneys.
2. Pharrell Williams will be working the register at Billionaire Boys Club.
3. Design your own classic handbag — choose its leather, lining, hardware and chain — at Chanel (15 E. 57th St.). At Chanel’s SoHo Boutique (139 Spring St.), score a mini-mani with “Jade,” the new must-have Chanel nail color for fall (it’s green!) while MTV’s Alexa Chung womans the DJ decks.
4. Hugh Jackman will make a personal appearance at Jeffrey New York (449 W. 14th St.). For fashion fanatics, the store also will host a personal appearance by designer Jason Wu.
5. Nosh and sip on SoCal and Mexican comestibles at the Juicy Couture Fifth Avenue flagship, at 52nd Street. Musical attractions will include Vogue’s European Editor-at-Large Hamish Bowles tickling the ivories in the upstairs salon.
6. Manolo Blahnik will be at his namesake shop in Midtown (31 W. 54th St.).
7. Downtown style destination Opening Ceremony will host a block party with vendors from Canal Street, appearances by the Proenza Schouler boys, the Rodarte girls, Delfina Delettrez Fendi, Alexander Wang and Scott Sternberg from Band of Outsiders. All the designers will be selling goods out of the trunks of vintage cars designed after their own aesthetic — Proenza from a VW minibus, Rodarte in a classic convertible low-rider, and Alexander Wang in a black van.
8. At Talbots, Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman!) will be performing songs from her new album.
9. Bloomingdale’s at 59th Street and Lexington Avenue will be offering free 40 Carrots frozen yogurt with any purchase, as well as hosting a live performance by Howie Day, a Madame Tussauds exhibit and a customize-your-own Marc by Marc Jacobs T-shirt station.
10. “Gossip Girl” costume designer Eric Daman will be styling customers for in-store photo shoots at Henri Bendel. The store will also host personal appearances by Trish McEvoy and design duo Badgley Mischka.
11. Newcomer JCPenney, now at the Manhattan Mall (Sixth Avenue and 33rd Street), will host a personal appearance by Cindy Crawford and will offer customers the chance to appear in a professional photo shoot featuring products from Crawford’s new line.
12. No matter what, do not miss Anna Wintour’s personal appearance at Macy’s in the Queens Center Mall, in Elmhurst.
and much more…
Categories: fashion fashion week new york fashion week shopping